Mueller Water Products Family of Sites
Last modified: February 1, 2022
· on the Websites;
· in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Websites;
· in connection with your attendance at a trade show, and
· when you interact with the Company as a customer, business contact, supplier or otherwise (including where that interaction occurs through “offline” means).
It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Websites. Please note that any personal information that you provide to such third parties will be governed by their privacy policies, and we have no control over or responsibility for their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about what information is collected and how it is used and/or shared prior to providing any personal information.
2. Children Under the Age of 16
The Websites are not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at 1200 Abernathy Road NE, Suite 1200, Atlanta, Georgia 30328.
3. Information We Collect About You, How We Collect It and Our Lawful Bases of Processing
We collect several types of information from and about individuals with whom the Company interacts, including information through which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and general information about your professional position in relation to our products (“personal information”).
We will collect additional information in respect of Website visitors, including information:
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as comments or inquiries.
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details like what browser and device you use, IP addresses, browsing history on and off our Websites and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms, either on our Websites or offline. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletters, changing your address on file, or asking us to contact you. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Your search queries on the Websites.
4. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, ISP, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See “8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Websites and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see 8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
· Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
6. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Websites and their contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including to allow the Company to deliver its services to you or interact with you as a supplier or business contact.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form). For more information, see 8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
To the extent that either of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU/2016/679) (“EU GDPR”) or United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) apply to our processing of your personal information, our lawful basis for processing is that:
· the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you and the Company are subject, or
· the processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by the Company or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your own interests or fundamental freedoms.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our businesses, including the operation of our Websites.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets (including those of any affiliate or subsidiary), whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company (or the applicable affiliate or subsidiary) is among the assets transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, such as to send you product literature upon request.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce or apply our Legal Statement and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Tracking Technologies and Advertising. As a Website user, you can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. We will honor “Do Not Track” signals set in these browsers.
Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17288. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
· Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can confirm this by refusing consent on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to the appropriate below email address. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
· Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we disclose with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
· Deletion Of Your Personal Information. You may request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (770) 206-4200.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, and the nature of your relationship with us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of a California resident you must proof you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf, and if you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
Rights of individuals where the EU GDPR and/ or UK GDPR apply
To the extent that either of the EU GDPR or UK GDPR apply to our processing of your personal information, you will benefit from certain data subject rights that may be subject to limitations and/or restrictions.
· These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine-readable format.
· Please address written requests and questions about your rights to email@example.com or call us at (770) 206-4200. You also have the right to complain to your data protection regulator. If you are not happy about the handling of your personal information, then we would encourage you to contact us first, so that we can try to resolve matters directly with you.
9. Data Location And Legal Standards
Transfers of personal information: Where the EU GDPR and/ or UK GDPR apply
To the extent that either of the EU GDPR or UK GDPR apply to our processing of personal information, we will ensure that any international transfers involving relevant personal information take place in a lawfully compliant manner, including by entering into standard data protection clauses approved by either the UK’s Information Commissioner or the European Commission, as applicable.
10. How long will we hold your personal information?
11. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
13. Contact Information
1200 Abernathy Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30028, Suite 1200
or via telephone: 770-206-4200
Please use the above postal address.